Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Colorado Half Marathon and Training Plans

Well I just registered for the Colorado Marathon (half). This will be my first half marathon and is pretty key for getting ready for the half ironman! I think the course is really nice, I did the 10K last year and liked it a lot. I also went ahead and purchased Gale Bernhardt's phase 2 of base training, which ends with a half marathon. Unfortunately the timing didn't work out as well as I had expected so I had to cut out the first two weeks of the plan. Also, I am not sure how well I will stick to it when I am working in Colorado Springs for 4 weeks. My goal when I go down there is to run and swim a lot, but biking can take up a lot of time and might have to get the ax, except on weekends. More on that later. Anywho, should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment