Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And we're off! The fundraising 411.

If you've been reading this you know my second big goal for this half ironman (other than completing it!) is to raise some money for Faith Alive clinic in Jos, Nigeria. It is an amazing place run by an amazing man. Today I am excited to officially kick off my fundraising. Global Strategies is the hosting/founding organization for Faith Alive and will be handling the money. You can donate at: http://www.globalstrategies.org/donate.html and mark "Anna Harper" or "Faith Alive" in the comments section.

Small donations can go a long way in preventing and treating HIV/AIDS in Africa. That is why I’ve set a goal of raising $30 for each mile I race – or about $2100! Just imagine the difference that could make in people’s lives. How can you help?
- sponsor a mile of my race for $30 at http://www.globalstrategies.org/donate.html. Mark “Anna Harper” or “Faith Alive” in the comments section.
- attend the bike rides and/or cookout listed on my blog and make a small donation (check back to the blog for more details)
- help me with running one of the bike rides or the cook out (leave a comment for more details)
- consider making a smaller donation if $30 seems like too much – every bit helps!

I hope you will consider helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment