Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stupid daydreaming

Pretty much the biggest distraction in my work day is when I start daydreaming about racing. For example, today I am thinking about the Age Group National Championships in Tuscaloosa. The Lake to Lake triathlon I'm doing is a regional qualifier. If I finish in the top third of my age group, I'm qualified. I did the race in 2005 and finished 9/40, and last year finished 12/38 (even though my time was faster!), so I would have qualified both years. But I expect there to be more competition this year since the race is a regional championship. But I also should be faster with all of this distance training! Regardless, I don't see how I could do an Olympic faster than 2:50, and the people who win these races on a national level do it about 30 minutes faster than that. So I wouldn't even be going to Nationals to compete for a win, but it would still be kind of exciting. Plus it is close to home (Georgia) and maybe I could convince some friends or family to come cheer me on. That would make it worth the trip. ...sigh... Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment