Sunday, April 12, 2009

Week Thirteen - This is hard!

Two big workouts this week really wiped me out! The run I talked about below and a 35 mile bike ride with a decent amount of climbing. Just to keep in mind, here is how my week progressed:
Monday ride 2-1/2 hours, waste the rest of the night daydreaming about my bike and penalize myself with all work and no training on Tuesday
Wednesday run 95 minutes (9.3 miles) - hardest run yet
Thursday planned 4x6 LT's on the bike but my legs couldn't go hard for 6 minutes, so I did 2 10 minute intervals with 1 minute fast, 1 minute rest and 30 sec on/30 sec off the second time. Was able to do 1 6 minute hard interval at the end but then was wiped out.
Friday "easy" 30 minute run - my blister got worse and my shins/calves hurt really bad.
Saturday 50 minute swim wiped me out
Sunday I am pooped, too much work, too much intensity in training, and not enough sleep this week!!

Anywho, the totals:
6:03, 60 miles
Swim: 50 minutes, 2050 m
Bike: 3:10, 47 miles
Run: 2:05, 12.3 miles

Next week I have two more big workouts I will focus on. Thursday I will be done teaching and if the weather is nice I want to go on a 50-70 bike ride. Pray for good weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment