Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ouch!

I just got done with one of my hardest runs ever. It was a long (90 minute) run, but with some intensity mixed in (tried to get my heart rate up into zone 3-4 for 20 minutes throughout the run). Usually when I do my long run it is a very relaxed pace, so this was a big challenge!

My legs felt bad the first couple of miles. Mainly my calves and hamstrings felt kind of tight. They eventually loosened up though and for the rest of the run felt really good. Surprisingly good, really. I even blew by a guy at one point, I am not used to passing people when I run!! The only bad thing is I got a huge blister on one of my toes. I have pretty blister-prone feet, but not usually on this toe. It is probably about half the size of my toe and to prove it I took a lovely picture that you can see at the end of this post :) Haha. I am also sure I will be sore from this run, my muscles are already feeling a little tender.

But overall I'm psyched about the run. It was a little under 9 miles and I ran it in 1:23, so about a 9:25 pace. Plus I walked a few times so I must have been running faster than that. It was also a decently hilly course. I think it was 8.8 miles - 45 minutes out and 38 minutes back. Wow that is an 8:37 pace on the way back :) Sweet! Oh yeah I had a gel after about 50-55 minutes. I think it helped my energy level but my stomach was not super excited.

Here is my awesome picture: Actually I think it deserves two:



Oh yeah, now I am going out to dinner because I want to eat a lot of food and think I have earned a good meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment