Friday, April 24, 2009

Week Fourteen - HUGE!

Last week was a big one - I successfully completed the 70 mile ride below and ran about 10.25 miles on Sunday - my two longest workouts yet! Actually, I am pretty sure I have NEVER ridden 70 miles by myself. I completely bonked at the end of the ride. It was 10 miles downhill to Colorado Springs at the end and I got hit with a 20+ mph headwind that destroyed me. I was out of the saddle going DOWNHILL and only managing 12 mph. I stopped at a gas station to refill on water and take a break. I was sitting on the sidewalk outside the convenience store and this woman walks by and says, "You really pushed it today, didn't you?" And I managed to say yes, and then she said, "I can tell. Well, at least you're doing something you enjoy!" At first I was like, "Yeah, right" but then realized that yes, I do enjoy this! So I headed back out and was pretty proud of myself when I made it back to my car. My average speed was 16.8 mph before the bonk, and was somewhere in the high 14's by the end of the ride. It took me 4:45.

Anywho, here are my totals from the week:
102.25 miles! My first 'centennial' week :) 11 hours
Swimming: 1:30, 3800 meters
Biking: 5:25, 76.25 miles
Running: 4:06, 23.1 miles (that's the most I've ever run in a week!!!) (long=10.25 miles, 1:50)

No comments:

Post a Comment