Monday, February 23, 2009

Week Six - Still learning

I followed the planned workouts for rest last week, except that I snowboarded over the weekend. It is becoming more and more apparent to me that snowboarding is hard, and not necessarily a restful activity. AND, if I'm training for a half ironman, maybe it's ok to not ride so many moguls, trees and blacks. Maybe it's ok to spend more time sitting in the lodge. At one point yesterday, I was turning through some trees and stopped and my leg was shaking - I guess from exhaustion. Today, I am very sore - my upper right leg, shoulders, triceps, biceps. My swim this AM was really hard, even though it was a relatively short 2000 m. I am skipping a bike workout tomorrow and will hopefully be rested by the time I go to Masters swimming tomorrow night. What is the point of a rest week if I wear myself down over the weekend? :(

Total: 6:53, 28.5 miles
Swim: 1:00, 2200 meters
Bike: 1:35, 19.5 miles (all commuting)
Run: 1:18, 7.6 miles
Strength: yoga(1:15) + 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment