Monday, February 9, 2009

Moab base training!

I am pretty excited to be going to Moab this weekend with two of my great friends, Rachel and Michelle. We are going to have a great time. It's been ages since I've been on a roadtrip with just girls, and there is just something special about it. Plus Moab is a wonderful place and I love going there. I wish Chris could come, maybe it will still work out, but so far it looks like he has too much work to do.

The other nice thing about the trip is I will be bringing my road bike. I know, I will be sleeping right next to slickrock but not riding on it! But, it's better this way because my friends aren't mtn bikers, and I'm not really good enough to be mountain biking in Moab by myself. Plus it will make Chris feel less jealous. Plus, I can get in some super training!

I just looked up some routes from the Moab Skinny Tire Festival and Moab Century Tour. There is a loop into the La Sals I hope to do, it's about 75 miles with more than 4000 ft. of climbing. That will be killer for me but beautiful. I think it will be cold but hopefully no snow on the roads. So hopefully I can do that on Saturday, spend the rest of the day relaxing and recovering, and then ride another 40-60 miles on Sunday. I love the idea of devoting a couple of days to training, but getting to have fun with friends in the mean-time.

I'll have to not over-train leading up to this weekend, too, but still get in the important swimming and running workouts. Then next week, I promise, I will rest! Just because I love Moab so much, here is a picture of me on the Slickrock trail in 2007. I was scared to death at the time, but last year Chris and I returned and I rode the whole loop and only fell once in a stupid sandpit.

No comments:

Post a Comment