Monday, February 9, 2009

Week Four - Rest what?

So last week was supposed to be a rest week and I failed. It's hard to rest when the weather is so nice! I feel like I have to take advantage of it because surely it will get back to normal crappy winter sooner or later. I am due for a rest week - maybe next week because I have friends coming to town. Here's what I did last week:

Total: 10.05 hours, 73.5 miles! oops
Swimming: 1:20, 3175 meters
Biking: 4:27, 61.87 miles
Running: :44, 4 miles
Snowshoeing: 3:00, 5.6 miles (Lake Agnes - beautiful and challenging!)
Strength: 35 minutes

This week I was also supposed to do a bit of a time trail for each discipline. I didn't do the run since we went snowshoeing and my legs (and entire body/mind) were pretty tired after that. So I should probably do that at some point.

For the swim, I found out that my t1 pace is 1:35. I think this means I can swim 100 yards on a 1:35 interval for reasonable amount of time. This seems so slow to me in some ways, I don't know how people do 100's close to a minute. I have decent form swimming, I think, but am just not that fast.

For the bike, I rode 5.37 miles in 16:37 - about a 19.3 mph pace. This is nice because I was below my lactate threshold for this test (at least as far as I could tell since my HRM broke).

No comments:

Post a Comment