Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week One

Week of Jan. 12-18 ...
I signed up for a 10 week training plan from Gale Bernhardt, a triathlon and cycling coach I know from when I worked at Peloton. Her credentials are many, including coaching the women's olympic triathlon team in Athens in 2004. She's also a nice, encouraging person, from my interactions with her at the bike shop. Plus, her plans (found here) are affordable - $35 each - and she knows the importance of building a strong aerobic base. You get a full plan and the ability to move workouts around to fit your schedule. I'm doing an 8 week plan after this one that ends with a half marathon - and coincides perfectly with the Fort Collins Half Marathon I'm planning on doing in May. So, it's an excellent fit.

I also signed up for Masters swimming at the Fort Collins Club. I plan on going on Tuesdays and Thursdays (6-7 PM) for the next couple of months. As the weather warms and the prospect of group workouts outside becomes more appealing, I am also thinking of joining Team Trifecta, which is coached/led by Wendy Mader. I wish I had more money to devote to racing, but for now I am trying to get the most of what money I (& my husband, who earns the majority of our household income!) am willing to spend.

Anywho, last week totals:
5:43, 39.78 miles
Swimming: 2 hours, 4900 meters
Biking : 2:10 , 30.5 miles (my commuting miles are usually pretty slow)
Running : 1:03 , 6.2 miles
Strength: :30
And two days of snowboarding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment