Thursday, January 15, 2009

The beginning ...

Well this week I started my base training. It's been a little hard since I haven't really been working out on a regular basis for about a month (!!). I've been tired a lot, especially at night and in the morning. It also doesn't help that last weekend wasn't exactly relaxing - my husband and I spent several hours doing fence repairs in our yard.

This morning I meant to go for an hour run, but when my alarm went off at 6 AM it was pitch black and my throat hurt, so I went back to sleep. It turns out it was really foggy, so maybe it's better I wasn't running in the dark. Anyways, I'm hoping I can get better at the early morning wake up calls, but I'm trying to be forgiving of myself as I ease into it this week.

I'm still trying to figure out a coaching situation - if I even want one. It just seems like a lot of money, even though I know it will help me improve. And not sure which races I want to do, either. Once I figure that out for sure I'll post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment