Monday, June 8, 2009

Weeks 20 & 21 and May's Useless Numbers

Well the last two weeks have been busy since I've been working a bit on the fundraising and my plate at work has been full, too. But I've had some really great work outs, too. Two weekends ago I did my first brick of the year. The goal was to keep the pace relatively easy the first half of the bike and run, and then do the second half faster. I biked about 27 miles and then ran a 5K in 28:30. My legs were not happy with me since Chris and I had hiked almost to the top of a 13,800 ft mountain the day before! I was happy with this workout and it got me really excited for the Loveland Lake to Lake in a few weeks!

This past weekend, Chris and I rode 67 miles. It was an excellent ride, basically an extension of my favorite local ride, which is to Carter Lake and back via Horsetooth. And the weather was amazing! It was the first ride this year when I didn't have to bring extra clothing. My legs didn't feel too great starting out but I actually kept up with Chris much more than usual on the climbs. Happy day! I even pushed him on my least favorite hill, somehow I just got in the zone and was able to keep up a good pace, until the very end when he came around me but I still managed to stay on his wheel. Sooo ... maybe I am getting some climbing legs? Also this was my first 50+ mile ride where afterward I did not think, "Holy crap, registering for that half-ironman was the biggest mistake of my life." Haha, a good sign! :)

Well, here are the totals.

Week 20
Total: 14:10, 115 miles
Swimming: 2:15, 4700 m
Biking: 6.25 hours, 85.2 miles (including 13.1 mile TT, long=27 mile brick)
Running: 59 minutes, 6.2 miles
Hiking: 4:30 hours, 7 miles (yes, it was slow but hard! A route-finding, willow-fighting, snow-shoeing good time)

Week 21
Total: 12:33, 121.5 miles
Swimming: 3:15, 7750 meters (back to 3 days a week, finally!)
Biking: 6:05, 100.6 miles (woohoo over 100 miles! Long was 4:00, 67.5 miles, 16.8 mph average)
Run: 2:46, 16.15 miles (caught in rain: once; caught in hail: once. Long was 1:23, 7.5 miles, cut short by hail storm!)

And now, the much-anticipated summary of my May training. Note that I took an entire week off following the half marathon!
Biking: 355 miles, 24:37 hours (vs 263.75 miles in April and 182 miles in March) ... I do love to ride my bike
Running: 40.55 miles, 6:50 hrs (vs 56.5 in Apr and 49 miles in Mar) ... running 13 miles at once will do that to you
Swimming: 9.8 miles, 6:25 hrs (vs 8.44 in Apr and 12 miles in Mar) ... wow I swam a lot in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment